School Attendance and reporting student absence
- For the safeguarding of all students, the school requires parents/carers to phone the school on each day of absence. Please call the Attendance Administrator, Miss Brennan, on telephone number 01752 843715 and select option 1.
- If Miss Brennan is on the phone or away from her desk, please leave a message on the dedicated answerphone. The following information is required:
- Name of student
- Tutor group
- Reason for absence
- Relationship of caller to student, i.e. mum, dad, gran, etc.
- Any pupil arriving in school after 08.40 must report to main reception to record arrival. Pupils who receive 3 late marks will be placed in an after-school detention.
- If a student feels unwell during the school day, they must tell their teacher who will give them permission to visit their Pastoral Hub.
- If a student is sent home from school through illness and is unfit for school the following day, please telephone the school as stated above. For safeguarding purposes, the school does not automatically assume the student is going to be absent the following day.
- If a student has to leave during the school day to attend an appointment, they are required to sign out at reception with a note from parents/carers. They should sign back in when they return. We do request however that appointments are made for outside school hours wherever possible.
- Parents do not have a right to take children on holiday in term time. New regulations came into force in September 2013 stating that children can only be taken out of school during term time in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Headteacher. Absence Request Forms are available to download here or from reception/Head of Year. Further information can be found on the reverse of the Absence Request Form. Term‐time absences and Fixed Penalty Notices information can be found here.
- Attendance is monitored regularly by the Attendance Manager, Head of Year and the Education Welfare Officer. Parents will be contacted where necessary.
- Parents are responsible by law for ensuring that children of compulsory school age receive a full-time, suitable education.
- Queries regarding attendance should be emailed to the Attendance Manager, Mrs Moss email@example.com.