Home School Agreement
Welcome to TEAM Saltash. We use the acronym ‘TEAM’ because we recognise the necessity for all parties to work together to ensure the best outcomes for our young people. We encourage our students to develop their Tenacity, Empathy, Aspiration and Motivation at all times. When we all meet the expectations below, we can Achieve More Together.
We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents/carers in their task of supporting and developing their child to achieve their best within a caring community. Therefore, we will:
- provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating environment in which to learn;
- promote a positive environment to support your child’s wellbeing;
- ensure that your child is valued for who she/he is and helped to make good progress in their spiritual, moral, emotional and academic development;
- treat your child with dignity and respect;
- do our utmost to provide the best possible education we can for your child;
- ensure that the education provided for your child is tailored to meet your child’s needs by using good assessment, recording and tracking strategies;
- provide you with information about your child’s progress and provide you with opportunities to talk to teachers;
- set, mark and monitor homework suitable to your child’s needs;
- contact you if there is a concern about your child;
- inform you of any concerns regarding your child’s attendance or punctuality;
- inform you of any concerns regarding your child’s behaviour, work or health;
- challenge your child to strive for the highest standard of personal, social and intellectual development and aim for excellence in all they do;
- support your child in preparing for the world of work;
- safeguard your child.
As parents/carers, we acknowledge that we are the primary educators of our children and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting our children’s learning at Saltash Community School.
Therefore I/we will:
- ensure that my child attends school every day, on time, in correct school uniform and fully equipped;
- ensure that family holidays are taken outside of term time;
- give my child opportunities for home learning and check the completion of homework;
- inform school of any concerns regarding my child’s learning or welfare;
- support the values of the school community and encourage my child to do his/her best;
- support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour including after school detentions and conduct to and from school;
- attend all parents’ evenings and meetings about my child, as deemed necessary;
- support the school’s approach to online safety and will not upload, share or add any pictures, videos or text that could upset, offend or threaten the safety of any member of the school community, nor damage our school’s reputation.
I acknowledge the different and unique talents which I have been given and my responsibility to use them wisely.
I will strive to develop my:
TENACITY: I will produce work above and beyond my previous best; work outside of my comfort zone and attempt, and complete, difficult tasks.
EMPATHY: I will share with, care for, and support others in my class (emotionally, academically and physically).
ASPIRATION: I will always have a well-presented book; actively try and make good progress in my lessons to support good/improved grades in tests; take a leadership role in class, challenging myself in my learning.
MOTIVATION: I will show a desire to learn; regularly respond to and ask questions; always bring the correct equipment; and display excellent behaviour at all times.
Therefore, I will follow the school’s guidelines, as follows:
- behave appropriately at all times, including to and from school;
- attend detentions if set;
- observe all the school rules and treat everyone with respect;
- speak to my tutor or Head of Year if I need to discuss anything;
- demonstrate the school values at all times;
- support the school approach to online safety and not upload, share, or add any pictures, videos or text that could upset, offend or threaten the safety of any member of the school community.