Uniform & Equipment
Saltash Community School has a distinctive school uniform. We ask for parents’ support in ensuring that all students in Years 7-11 wear the correct uniform. There is no uniform in the Sixth Form but we insist that senior students are dressed appropriately for the activities of the school day. All items of school clothing must be clearly named.
We expect our students to come to school dressed in our school uniform, every day. Wearing a uniform provides a level of professionalism; it brings us together as a community and enhances a sense of belonging. We want our students to be proud of being in TEAM Saltash and their uniform demonstrates this.
- Black blazer embroidered with school logo. This can be purchased from The Schoolwear Shop, West Country Embroidery or Saltash Uniforms or you can purchase a black blazer from a local stockist (M&S, Asda, Tesco etc), but a badge bearing the Saltash Community School logo must be purchased from West Country Embroidery/Saltash Uniforms and stitched on.
- Standard blue school shirt (short or long sleeved).
- Tailored black school trousers/shorts or knee-length drop waist pleated skirt (for students in Years 7-10) or knee-length tailored skirt (for students in Years 11 only).
- Clip on school tie (black/blue/gold) – supplied and purchased from the suppliers listed below.
- Black or flesh coloured tights.
- Standard (polishable) flat heeled all black leather style shoes, with covered heels and toes. Canvas shoes are not permitted. Shoes must be completely black – without coloured ticks/logos/tags.
Kit for P.E. and Games
It is necessary to change for physical activities and the following kit is required:
- PE T-shirt
- Multi-sport top (for rugby and football)
- Training top
- Black shorts
- Black sports socks
- White socks
- Shin pads
- Boots for grass (due to the construction of the curriculum, these are really only essential for those who participate in boys PE and those who play in the girls’ rugby after school club).
- Optional - Leggings or training pants.
Our uniform is available through The Schoolwear Shop (including online sales), West Country Embroidery, 141 Fore Street, Saltash and through Saltash Uniforms, 21c Brunel Road, Saltash.
Outdoor clothing should be sensible and smart. Coats and hats should not carry any offensive or inappropriate logos.
The only jewellery allowed in school is a watch and one simple pair of small studs or sleepers in ear lobes. Facial piercings are not allowed (including clear retainers) and we will ask the child to remove them.
Exaggerated hairstyles or an unnatural hair colour are not acceptable, and neither are false nails or nail polish.
Maintaining high expectations
If children do not attend in the correct uniform, they will be issued with a letter giving 7 days to correct the uniform infringement. After those 7 days, they will be expected to wear items issued by the school on that day. If a child refuses to wear these items, this will be dealt with in line with our behaviour policy for non-compliance.
To assist students in their learning the following items are necessary: pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener, scissors, glue stick, sellotape, protractor, compass, scientific calculator and colouring pencils.
We appreciate that for some families, the cost of uniform and equipment can be expensive. We are always willing to subsidise the cost of these essentials for your child. If you would like financial assistance with the above, please contact Dani King by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or your child’s Head of Year.
All items are available secondhand, please contact the school for more information.
We operate a pre-loved uniform shop to help and support families. Items are available free-of-charge, but donations are gratefully received with all monies going back into the shop. The shop is open on the first Wednesday (term time) of each month and will reopen when we return to school (further details will follow).
We are always grateful for donations of uniform – please drop any items that are still wearable to Main Reception at any time.